Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible, consisting of the Old Testament and the New Testament, is the infallible Word of God, being written down by divinely chosen men who were acting under inspiration, being directed by the Holy Spirit. The written Word is our supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe in the full inspiration of the Scriptures in their original autographs and their ability to speak now through the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in the eternal existence of the Godhead, consisting of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All are equal in knowledge, power, and attributes, revealing themselves to mankind through creation, the Scriptures, and God’s Son at the time of His incarnation. We believe the triune character of God is revealed in His Word and is uniquely described in theological terms as the Trinity.
3. We believe in God the Father, perfect in all His ways, possessing full wisdom and complete knowledge, and measureless in power. We are blessed, because He has revealed Himself to be holy and righteous, seeking justice for all men. He reveals Himself to those who seek Him with all their heart, hearing and responding to prayer, and mercifully intervening in the affairs of men. He is loving, kind, and has through grace presented His Truth, and offers redemption through faith in His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, who alone provides salvation from sin and death.
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only begotten Son, born of a virgin, sinless in life, and as the Lamb of God atoned for all of our sins by suffering death on the cross. We believe in His vicarious finished work in life and death, speaking the words and doing the work the Father gave Him to do. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the grave on the third day, in His ascension to heaven, His place now at the right hand of the Father, and His ongoing personal intercession for His own as High Priest. We believe in His glorious, visible, premillennial return to judge both the living and the dead.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit as the Third Person of the Godhead, who has always existed, and has come forth to guide, teach, and direct the Body of Christ while on earth. He is the promise of the Father, the Counselor, Comforter, and Spirit of Truth who indwells every believer. We believe it is He who empowers the church, providing necessary gifts, callings, and functions for those who serve the Lord of Glory. He is responsible for convicting the world of sin, of righteousness, and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, and seal forever those who believe in Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that the Church consists of redeemed, regenerated believers who know the Lord Jesus Christ personally. Their knowledge of God is based on the conviction of the Holy Spirit with regard to their sinful condition, followed by repentance and confession of Jesus Christ as the only savior of men. Their response is reflected in worship, service, and committment, centered on the source of all fellowship, the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe the church as the Body of Christ is made up of individuals who willingly serve Him as the Head of the Body by witness, testimony, and the proclamation of the Gospel. We believe that the Lord Jesus baptizes and seals a repentant sinner at conversion with the Holy Spirit, and subsequent water baptism is a statement of public confession.
7. We believe in the strength and independence of the local church as described in the Book of Acts. We believe in the priesthood of believers; the individual’s ability to approach the throne of God; the autonomy of the local church; the responsibility of the church to have a missionary endeavor in obedience to the Great Commission. We believe in two divinely appointed ordinances according to Scripture, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe strongly in the need to provide teaching with substance, so believers can know Truth and defend the Faith once for all delivered to the saints.
P.O. Box 28224
Santa Ana, CA 92799
©2023 Cornerstone Books | Branding, Website Design, and Development by Cornerstone Books.